Monday, March 24, 2014

I (or at least my spins) will not be denied

All this spin drama has me determined to nail my spins at Nationals. And I will say, my spin consistency does seem to be improving. I took some video during practice the other day to see how I was doing. I felt really good about the camel-back sit I caught on tape and then it looked sooooo slooooowwww on video. I also know that I used to do lower sit spins in my old boots (see here), so I've started pushing those lower and hope to get video of that sometime soon. I'm still having a hard time getting the back sit lower, but I have sore quads on both legs as evidence that I've been working on it. And to show you all that I'm not lying when I tell Coach that I *do* practice my spins, here's a little tiny bit of proof:



Edit: I added a link to an earlier sit spin and found a video of me doing better camel spins six months ago. Bummer.

2 comments:

  1. Wwow - your spins have improved a lot! You are nicely centered on your camel spin, but make sure you aren't looking behind you - that is slowing you down in a few of the attempts you made. The sit spin is looking great too! Hope to meet you in Boston in a few short weeks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, time to remove 'remedial spinner' from your 'about me,' at this point it's totally undeserved! I hope you popped off some killer camel and sit spins at Nationals, will wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete