Friday, March 22, 2013

Goal Progress!

So, one of my goals for 2013 was a scratch spin of 15 revolutions. I've been getting 11 in most spins, but today was a very good spinning day. In fact, it was after I had started spinning that I decided I had to pull out my camera. In particular, it was to see what the mini "layback" looks like. Unfortunately, I wasn't always spinning in the frame of the camera, and the scratch spin in question is only half captured, but if I count the stripe on my sleeve going by, I'm pretty sure I got up to 16! The spin in question is at about 20 seconds in.


I may not be able to reproduce it again soon, but it's only March, so I'm thinking it'll happen again in 2013. Also, I had the goal of 3 revolutions in a camel spin, so I'm making progress towards that too.

I had another trial lesson with a coach today. I really liked that she talked about my jump technique in light of preparing me for axel and doubles, as starting axel and double sal is another one of my goals for 2013. It was a really good lesson. But so was my lesson with the coach on Monday. So now I'm torn! I may pick one to help me get through my silver moves test in April and postpone the long term decision a little while longer. Test papers are due this weekend and somebody's gotta sign 'em!

1 comment:

  1. Your camel spin is looking great! You can work with both coaches If you are torn. Many skaters have jump/spin coaches and another for moves or dance. =)

    ReplyDelete