Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sick

I left work early on Thursday feeling a little queasy, thinking that after lying down for a spell, I would feel better. I didn't think I would spend the next two and a half days in bed with a stomach bug. I've skipped three days of skating and 2 lessons. I'd normally skate today, too, but I'm planning to go to our skating club's award banquet. According to my coach (and because I got a guest of honor invitation), I'm getting an award. I'm still dragging quite a bit, but I think it'll do me good at this point to get out of the house.

I compete in 6 days. And from my last bout of stomach bug, I know it took me a while to get my legs back under me at the rink. And I'm scheduled for a business trip this week. At least it's only a one day deal, and not on a day I normally skate, but it will require an early morning flight. Getting myself up to competition shape in this amount of time is not going to be easy, or maybe even possible. And this time, I'm actually competing against someone. Two people in fact. Oh well, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, and I can withdraw if I have to. I just hope that isn't necessary.

Well, I'm off to see if the banquet was worth venturing from the house for. Wish me luck (and a stable digestive system).

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear you poor thing! Clearly this time of year is a universal issue -I've had the Flu of Doom over the last week and been completely bed-ridden, went back today for my first skate and nearly died :( But you have worked hard up until now for your competition so you will be fine...Sending happy-get-better thoughts to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for your sympathy! Happy-get-better thoughts to you, too! The flu is no fun. I'll go do one freestyle session tonight to test the waters and Coach says to take it easy today, but he'll whip me back into shape at our lesson this week!

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. What kind of award did you end up receiving?

    ReplyDelete