Monday, April 28, 2014

Nationals Free Skate

I'm happy to be able to share a video of my skate from Nationals with you!

I had conveniently forgotten that I tripped when I went to curtsy after the program. I think this will be the next thing I try not to do in competition, but there are only so many chances you get to stop without tripping with all that adrenaline running through you! I didn't realize we had sweepers so I tried to pick up all the tossies, which can also be hard to do right after you've skated.

In this program, I'm particularly proud of my opening jump combo, my footwork sequence and my forward sit spin. It felt great to have this skate at Nationals.

Thank you for sharing in my journey with me.


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful skate! It was so great watching you skate live - you did a fantastic job! Can't wait to see your Silver FS program!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eva! I'm excited about whatever my Silver FS turns out to be, too! Undecided if I'll re-cut this music, or move onto something else.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful quality throughout! Your jumps are so light and airy, and yes that first jump sequence was especially nice. You must have placed very well, I would guess you must have won your group. I also loved your twizzles and your arm movements as you get into your spiral. I've stumbled in my ending pose before, at least you didn't do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! Yes, I did win my group. I've been unsure how I felt about the arms on the spiral (My coach loves them, she had me do them in a compulsory program before), so I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete
    2. You modest thing not even mentioning that you won! Congratulations!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! You are such an inspiration! Well done you can be incredibly proud of yourself - what a gorgeous skate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I'm also a fan of the spiral arms. :-)

    ReplyDelete