Saturday, October 27, 2012

Unexpected Lutz

Last night, I landed my first lutz.

And then I woke up.

Well, it didn't go quite like that. In my dream, I was in a lesson and we were running through my jumps. We got to half lutz and while I was setting up, I just decided I wanted to try a full rotation and *bam* I landed it. Coach was non-chalant. "Okay, do it again." Had she even seen it? I skated back out, set up and again *bam* single lutz. "Okay," coach said without feeling and instructed me to do the next element.

"This must be a dream," I thought in my dream, because there's no way my coach would send me out to do a half lutz, watch me land a single which I'd never attempted before and not even show any emotion. Still, I woke up with a feeling of accomplishment that stuck with me the rest of the day. I landed my first single lutz! (Note to self: it was a dream, remember?)

No comments:

Post a Comment